Essential Skills for Managers
How many new managers are simply ‘given the keys’, and sent on their way without ever having the role fully explained in terms of what is expected of them as a leader? Unsure of what to do, the new manager may simply do what is familiar and comes naturally, with varying results. Furthermore, behaviours practiced in the early stages of a management career can become more ingrained over time, and any associated bad habits can become harder to kick.
This workshop is designed for new managers and existing managers who have not had sufficient exposure to formal training. It covers all the areas that new leaders typically need to focus on and is packed with practical examples and tools, which are practiced extensively in the classroom.
Results You Can Expect
- More rapid transitions from employee to manager
- Improved development of employee skills, performance and morale
- Improved ability to hold critical conversations and resolve workplace conflict
- Greater ability to think strategically about the future
- Improved ability to effectively communicate ideas to others
- More effective use of time as a manager
Key Focus Areas
New managers, or existing managers with little formal training in leadership.
Formats – more