Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
They say that “all of today’s problems were caused by yesterday’s solutions”. The modern business environment is characterized by rapid change and adaption, requiring effective problem solving at all levels. However, deficiencies in the problem-solving process can produce varying results, from “fixes” that have little effect to others that generate even bigger problems down the road or flounder though lack of stakeholder buy-in. Fortunately, there are best practices that if learned and used by key decision makers, will improve your organization for the long term.
In addition to providing the tools and locking them in through extensive exercises, the workshop is made relevant to each participant by having them use what they have learned to analyse and solve existing business problems in their own part of the organization.
Results You Can Expect
- Greater ability to think broadly about problems
- More effective stakeholder involvement to balance decision quality, speed and level of consensus required for the situation
- Greater creativity in developing ideas
- Fixes that are more likely to work and less likely to create other problems
Key Focus Areas
This course is applicable to leaders at all levels and other people that wrestle with complex problems as part of their job.
Formats – more
- 1-day workshop
- 2-day workshop*
- Blended learning
* – The 2-day format deals with topics in greater depth (particularly in the area of systems thinking) and introduces additional thinking tools.
Kwela responded very quickly to our last minute request for a presenter for our IT Leadership Team meeting. They tailored a presentation based on our specific needs and delivered an engaging and interactive session — it was exactly what we were looking for.
Director, People Leadership & Change Management
Information Technology, UBC