Engaging and retaining employees is as critical as hiring them in the first place. Attrition is costly and an under-engaged workforce is less likely to achieve the performance levels that you need to be competitive. But measuring engagement can be tricky because apparently ‘satisfied’ employees can still lack the commitment that will fully support your goals. That is why ‘employee engagement’ has become an important measure of productivity and a well-designed employee survey can be an excellent tool for tapping into this issue.
Kwela offers comprehensive services that will help you to gauge employee engagement and foster retention. Key elements include:
- Needs analysis: we will help you to identify the symptoms of disengagement in your organization and translate them into meaningful survey topics.
- Questionnaire design: we will design objective questionnaires that incorporate the key descriptors of engagement and satisfaction and allow for unstructured input.
- Process anonymity: we will execute your surveys through a structured process that maintains the factor most critical to a successful survey – anonymity.
- Interpretation: we will synthesize and interpret your results in reports that clearly identify the barriers to engagement and set priorities for improvement.
- Implementation: we will help you to take action on the results of your survey through programs and initiatives that will foster engagement and retention.
There is no doubt that employees become more engaged and productive when they perceive management to be proactively addressing their issues. Surveys, however, are only as good as the follow-up they receive and Kwela knows how to turn data into action by making engagement an integral part of your performance management systems.