Cohort-Based Leadership Development Programs
There is no substitute to having a large group (or all) leaders go through a common experience where they grow together and learn a common language, and cohort-based programs are the most impactful and cost-effective way to achieve this. Kwela’s programs are customized each time based on the outcomes you seek, using processes that we’ve honed through a long history with diverse clients. The key program components we draw on are:
- Building self-awareness with 360 and/or personality assessments
- Personalized, actionable development plans for each individual
- Spreading the learning over time
- Providing support through a combination of professional and peer-driven coaching
- Securing effective support from participants’ managers over time
- Offering targeted skills training modules
- Incorporating on-the-job assignments to ensure application
- Selecting and involving a group of observers over time
- Measurement of behavioural change
- Post-program sustainment
For an example of what a leadership development program might look like, read our white paper Leadership Development Best Practices. This also details our approach.
The feedback we’ve received from participants has been great. Kwela takes an experiential approach to development, emphasize practical approaches and tools and hold participants accountable through measurement and follow-ups.
Manager Organization Development & Learning