Leadership in Action Program (LEAP)
LEAP is our cohort-based leadership development program that focuses on applying practical, actionable tools to real-life scenarios. Working collaboratively with you, we design a highly tailored approach that results in significant and measurable behavioural change, improving your essential leadership skills.
The key program components we draw on are:
- Building self-awareness with 360 feedback and/or personality assessments
- Personalized, actionable development plans for each individual
- Working with participants’ managers and a group of observers over time to provide additional feedback and accountability
- Offering targeted skills training modules
- Incorporating on-the-job assignments to ensure application of the learning
- Providing support through a combination of leadership coaching, and learning circles
- Spreading the learning over time
- Measurement of behavioural change
- Post-program sustainment
For an example of what our leadership programs might look like, read our white paper, Leadership Development Best Practices.
The Managing at BCIT program, collaboratively led by Kwela’s leadership experts and BCIT’s in-house learning and development team, was a great opportunity to share ideas and discuss issues and challenges within our leadership roles. We gained practical knowledge, new ideas and tools, and learned about current leadership research and trends. It was 100% worth our time and energy, as it became a truly inspiring journey to learn about ourselves and our leadership styles.
The program offered the right mix of practical insights, the latest thinking in leadership theory and exposure to leaders in action. Not only is this a valuable program for new BCIT leaders, I think it would be valuable to all leadership positions at BCIT. Great job!
Sanja Boskovic, PhD Mechanical Engineering, PhD Educational Technology
Associate Dean, Aerospace
Aerospace Technology Campus – BCIT