High Performance Team Member
This workshop is designed to provide a high degree of awareness about what it takes to play a constructive role as a member of a high-performing team. Special emphasis is placed on the interpersonal skills that team members need, for example advocacy, listening and conflict resolution. The workshop is based on Patrick Lencioni’s 5-step framework that includes the practices of building trust, resolving conflict, developing commitment, holding team members accountable and achieving results. Other aspects such as the stages of team development and participation in team meetings are also explored.
Self-awareness and skill development are brought alive through an interactive simulation that exposes the typical challenges faced by teams.
Results You Can Expect
- Understand your role as a team member in advancing the team’s stage of development
- Understand how to contribute to high levels of trust on the team(s) to which you belong
- Understand the positive role of team conflict and how to contribute to keeping it productive
- Understand what it takes to secure commitment to team decisions
- More easily contribute to developing high levels of accountability on the team(s) to which you belong
- Adapt own style when participating on teams
- Contribute productively to team meetings
- Understand the role that the leaders needs to play in team development
Key Focus Areas
This workshop is relevant to all employees who seek to take their own teamwork skills to the next level.
If you wish to focus more on leading teams, please see our Leading High Performance Teams workshop.
If you are interested in developing teamwork with an intact team, please see our Team Optimization facilitation.
This workshop is offered as a 1-day workshop.