Succession planning is a hot topic these days. Research increasingly alerts us to the impact of a looming talent shortage while organizations struggle to ensure the continuity and excellence of their leadership. The most proactive organizations are already tackling these issues by implementing structured succession plans that will increase leadership bench strength, develop successors for key positions, and close critical talent gaps.
Kwela can help position you for the future by leading you through a rigorous and iterative succession planning process. Key elements of our approach include:
- Strategic alignment: we establish the desired outcomes that will focus your organization and ensure a commitment to action at all levels of management.
- Process design: we design and implement a customized process that reflects your goals and has the flexibility to adapt to corporate and market changes.
- Talent review: we lead you through an objective and thorough evaluation of your existing talent to establish the performance potential of your organization, identify key promotable employees, and pinpoint pressure points and gaps.
- Implementation: we translate your plan into action by helping you to manage expectations and implement development plans for your high potential leaders.
- Measurement and review: we continuously measure results, review outcomes, and refine your plan to make sure you meet your organizational goals.
Succession planning is a proactive step that you can take to protect your future. Done properly it will also offer you a tremendous opportunity to reshape the leadership of your organization.