Leadership Development Programs
Effective leadership is widely recognized as a key differentiator that determines the overall performance of an organization. Good leaders achieve better business results and most organizations now invest in some form of leadership development. For many, however, the results are inconsistent. All too often leadership programs generate a lot of initial enthusiasm but little in the way of lasting results because they are simply too compressed and out of synch with the way that people really learn.
Kwela will help you achieve lasting results through leadership programs that reflect the natural learning cycle of ‘doing, reflecting, revising, and trying again’.
Our approach is rigorous and pragmatic and we avoid common leadership development pitfalls by ensuring that our programs:
- Align to organizational strategy and other HR processes.
- Are grounded with an up-front 360 assessment.
- Set clear expectations at the outset.
- Personalize development plans for individual leaders.
- Spread the learning over time.
- Incorporate support by a professional coach, peer coaching circles and participants’ managers.
- Offer targeted, energetic, and impactful skills training.
- Incorporate action learning to ensure that skills are applied on the job
- Measure progress via a targeted reassessment.
Our programs are customized to your organization for in-house implementation depending on your specific needs, and can be targeted from first-level management to executive leadership. If you do not have enough participants to run an in-house program please see Kwela’s public-enrollment offering.
For an example of what a leadership development program might look like, read our white paper Leadership Development Best Practices. This also details our approach.
The feedback we’ve received from participants has been great. Kwela takes an experiential approach to development, emphasize practical approaches and tools and hold participants accountable through measurement and follow-ups.
Manager Organization Development & Learning