Many leaders, especially at senior levels, receive little objective support and are often isolated in their attempts to bring about change. Planning and problem-solving with a personal coach delivers the much-needed support and accountability to the process.
Our approach is highly customized to the individual and can cover a wide variety of needs including:
- Building leadership competencies (for example strategic thinking, influence, communication & conflict resolution, people management, etc.)
- Surfacing leadership strengths, constraints and blind spots
- Helping prepare high potentials for promotion to more senior roles
- Overcoming business challenges
- Improving relationships with important people
- Remedial coaching for struggling employees
Typical tools we make use of in our coaching services include 360 feedback, strategic involvement of the manager of the person being coached, the creation of practical action plans and targeted reassessment. Coaching programs can be set up as a series of meetings or on an as-needed basis, and can be done via phone, skype or in person.
In addition to having taken formal coach training and having significant coaching experience, all Kwela coaches actively consult with clients and are skills trainers on the same topics that leaders tend to struggle with. As a result, while we do work hard to draw the client out to use what they already know, rest assured that your coach has a wealth of tips and tools that can be brought to bear on any given problem.